Saturday, October 20, 2012

Leisha Hailey

Leisha Hailey

Obsession Level: She's Growing On Me!



So I first encountered Leisha Hailey on the L Word as Alice.  She was the cool, spunky one that everyone wants to know as a friend.  I admit that Alice took some time to grow on me.  It wasn't that I didn't like her, that was never the case, but I didn't absolutely love her.  As I continued watching the show, though, she became one of my favorite characters.  She always had something hilarious to say and she delivered most of the best one liners in the show.  Plus she was so adorably awkward that you couldn't help but love her.  

I also knew that Leisha sang.  I know she did some of the songs on the show, but I kind of thought that was as far as it went.  I assumed that she might have told the producers of the show that she had a good voice and recorded a few songs just for them.  I didn't realize that she's actually a musician and makes some really cool music with her partner.  We'll get to that.

So, the L Word is gone, and that's where this obsession ends, right?  I mean I'd never seen Leisha on anything else so I figured that was her one claim to fame.  

I was wrong, though...well at least partly.

I was watching Drop Dead Diva and there is an episode where Jane is accepting an award for her work with the police.  A house wife stands up and accuses Jane of having an affair with her husband, leading Jane on a wild goose chase to find out what happened in her past and also to find out what happened to this husband.  Who played that wife?  You got it.  Leisha.  

Well, if you've figured out anything about me by now, you'll know that this sudden reappearance of Leisha in my life sent me to find out what else she has done, which, is admittedly very little in the way of acting.  She's acted in a few episodes of televisions shows and some shorts.  She has, however been active on the music front throughout her life, particularly of the Lilith type music.



So apparently Leisha started her musical career in the 90s with the group The Murmurs.  I've listened to some of their music and it's a little trippy, but it's pretty cool.  Their look is very late 80s/early 90s, though!  

Check this out!  



Yep, rainbow hair and everything.  From The Murmurs she later started a duo with her partner called Uh Huh Her.  Their music is pretty awesome, so I'd check it out if you were like me and had never heard of them before.


So now I've added Leisha Hailey to my musical interests, but I'm still disappointed in her IMDB list. With the L Word off the air now, maybe she'll get some acting roles in some movies.  She's a good actress, so I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find a role that she'd be good in as more than a cameo appearance.  I'll keep a lookout to see when she stars in some new role and until then I'll just have to listen to music and watch videos on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment