Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pajamas

Pajamas

Obsession Level: It's My Uniform For Life!



Today it is cold outside, and cloudy, so I'm not going anywhere.  I'm also not in the mood to do anything.  I thought about vegging in front of the television, and that's still an option for later, but then I saw my blog list and all the things I haven't written about yet.  I thought that seemed like a fun thing to do today, so prepare for a wide variety of reading material.

The first obsession that I'm going to talk about is pajamas.  I love pajamas.  I think they should be life's official uniform.  In fact, if I could wear them to work, I'd never have to buy anything else, and I'd probably be a much happier little worker.  

For me, pajamas are typically comfy pajama pants (I have all different kinds to suit my mood) and a t-shirt.  I like pajama pants to be cute, too, with a variety of cartoon characters and colors.  In fact, one of my friends, with whom I regularly trade clothes, got a pair of my rainbow pajama pants out of a bag one day and said she was keeping them for sentimental reasons because they reminded her of our college days.  That's how often I wore them.  LOL  I also collect t-shirts, so there's never a shortage of those to wear.  

I'm that person that, on the weekends, will take a bath and put on pajamas again.  I'm also the person that changes into them immediately after work, and if I know a person well enough and I'm going to their house to hang out, I'll go in my pajamas.  I'm sure the people that live in my building doubt that I own any clothes besides pajamas.  LOL

I also have a funny story about pajamas and how I thought once that I would be forced to live in a pair of blue sock-monkey pajamas because there was no escape.  I'm not kidding.

One particular weekend I was hanging out with one of my best friends (the one mentioned above) and we were being lazy (something not unusual for us when we hang out).  We were watching her children playing in the floor and I commented that they were lucky that they had feety pajamas because they just looked so comfortable and inviting.  I was lamenting the fact that adults don't have feety pajamas when she told me that she had two pair.  Eureka!  

So we got zipped into our feety pajamas and then it was time for marathon couch surfing and t.v. indulgence.  Life was grand...for a while.  Then I had to go to the bathroom and that's when the trouble started.

The zipper slid down a few inches and stopped.  It wouldn't go up, and it wouldn't go down.  It was completely stuck.  I panicked, of course, because I had no idea how I was going to escape the clutches of these feety pajamas.  My friend howled with laughter, but offered no real support.  Finally, with all the skill of David Copperfield, and not much grace, I managed to get my arms out of the sleeves and into the pajamas and then I squirmed out through the hole that was realistically far too small for my body.  I was free of the evil monkey feety pajamas.

Needless to say, that little fiasco washed away my love of feety pajamas, but not my love of nice separate piece pajamas that don't threaten to trap me forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment