Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lizard Lick Towing

Lizard Lick Towing

Obsession Level: Obsessed in Spurts?



I don't really know how to explain my relationship with this show.  I saw a bunch of my friends posting about it on Facebook so I decided one day to give it a try.  I was on one of my marathon television streaks and had already watched all the Duck Dynasty and Swamp People that OnDemand had to offer.  I admit that when I found the show, I watched all six episodes that they had there, but I wasn't sure if I was impressed or not.

Let me start by saying that I DO NOT believe for a second that this show is not staged.  It has to be.  The only part of it that I might actually believe is that they own a repo business.  That's about as far as I think the truth goes.  For one thing, they're going about repo all wrong in my opinion.  You don't go sneaking up to someone's house in the middle of the night.  That's asking for trouble. You turn your nice lights on your nice truck, knock on the door, and inform them that you are there to repo their vehicle and they can pick it up when they've talked to the lean-holder.  At least that's how I'd do it.  

Instead they end up in fights.  Lots and lots of fights.  The fights are then later followed up by someone coming to the office and screaming, yelling, and throwing things.  All of this happens in front of a camera crew, of course, and I've only ever seen the police get involved once.     

Ronnie and Amy apparently tried to get on Wife Swap at one point, but they weren't accepted.  I'm not sure why that is...I mean when your wife is a fighter and you own a repo business that apparently causes you to brawl with about ten different people a day, it seems reasonable that you would be prime material for Wife Swap.  

That being said, the show does offer some strange form of entertainment.  If nothing else, the analogies that Ronnie comes up with are often hilarious.  I don't watch this show regularly, and it certainly isn't one that I would tune in for each week, but every now and again I'll slip over to OnDemand and see which episodes are being stored there.  That's usually after I'm sure there are no other episodes of Duck Dynasty to watch, so you can see that I'm not completely obsessed.  I don't actually know that I would be able to recommend the show to anyone, at least not anyone looking for something to seriously watch, but if you're just looking for something new to help you kill a few hours without doing anything that's mentally strenuous, I guess it's good for that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment