Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Angela Lansbury

Angela Lansbury

Obsession Level: A Deathly Obsession





I was addicted to Murder, She Wrote as a child.  I waited patiently for it every week and ignored my father's taunts that it wasn't coming on that week (he always liked to try to get a rise out of me).  I always tried to solve the murders, but I doubt that I was right even once during my childhood.  I've only recently begun watching the show again on Netflix, but it's still as wonderful as I remember it being.  Jessica Fletcher is awesome.  I was always amazed when she'd say something like "Joe, I know it was you because I found this button at the scene of the crime and I noticed yesterday that you were missing a button just like this on the left sleeve of your jacket."  It never fails.  She always gets it right!

My obsession with Murder, She Wrote led me to continue the obsession.  I started looking back through time at movies and other such performances that Angela Lansbury had given.  She was a great dancer and an amazing singer.  





By far my favorite movie so far with Angela in it (I'm sure that I still have quite a few to see) was The Harvey Girls.  I am not exactly anti- Judy Garland, but I was definitely  much more interested in Angela's character, and it seemed a lot more fun on their side of the street.  I know where I would have wanted to work, and I wouldn't have been a Harvey Girl!  

If you never watched anything with Angela Lansbury except Murder, She Wrote, you might want to look into it.  I bet you'd probably enjoy it.  And, if you were one of those people who didn't watch Murder, She Wrote because you thought it would be stupid or it wouldn't be cool enough, give it a try too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment