Friday, May 11, 2012

Sonic

Sonic

Obsession Level: A Drive-In Dream!





I decided today to do something a little different and look at a different kind of obsessions that I have.  Some of my obsessions are foods, or in this case, restaurants.  

The Sonic in my hometown is a very happening place.  It's mostly owing to the fact that the town has very little to offer anyone in the way of entertainment or places to hang out.  Sonic was about the only choice you had when I was growing up.  That was the Friday night spot to be.  It was also owing, of course, to the delicious food!

I love Sonic.  First of all, they have a pretty varied menu as far as fast food restaurants go.  You have some healthy choices if you're into that, and you have a very wide variety of not so healthy food.  The drink menu is another bonus because you can be as creative as  you want to be!  I've definitely seen some people order some pretty freaking complicated (and gross) drinks.  I tend to be more the calm type, and I don't want to be disappointed, so about the wildest drink I ever order is a Cherry Limeade.  Yummy!  Not to mention that Sonic ice is simply the best ice in the world for crunching!  

The dessert menu there is great too.  Lots of yummy ice cream and quite a few choices of how you can have it.  I really like the banana split, but I seldom get it because it is a lot of ice cream for one person.  At one point Sonic offered something that was like a half a banana split.  It was normal sized ice cream, but it had a little of everything that comes in the split.  It was also half priced.  Unfortunately it was a limited time item, and one that I think they should consider bringing back.  

I love the idea of a drive-in in general.  You see, I live alone, so that means that I often eat alone.  If I go out to get something to eat, it generally looks something like this:

If I actually want to eat outside of my house because the walls are closing in on me:

1) I can go into a restaurant, sit down, eat alone, and generally feel like people are staring at me...or maybe they're just responding to the fact that my eyes are darting all around the restaurant because, let's face it, eating by yourself can be boring.

2)  I can go to a drive thru, and then pull my car into a parking spot and eat in the car.  I generally feel awkward doing that because I think that people are staring at me and wondering why I went through the drive thru to eat in my car.  They're wondering why I didn't go in to eat if I was going to stay there, or why I don't just take the food home and eat it.  Probably they really don't care, but I spend the entire time I'm eating over thinking the situation.  

So, you see...Sonic gives me the perfect option!  They bring my food to me, in my car!  They also expect me to stay there and eat it there, so no one can find it odd.  Also, I'm in my car, so I can listen to the music that I want to.  It's a win win situation!  

So there you have it, my homage to Sonic!  It's delicious and it's got a great ambiance!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment