Saturday, May 5, 2012

Diane Keaton

Diane Keaton

Obsession Level: Long Term Commitment 






My first exposure to Diane Keaton was Baby Boom when I was younger, but I was immediately fascinated with her.  I loved how quirky she was, and she reminded me of people that I actually knew.  She was the kind of actress that I wanted to be friends with.  As I continued watching her movies, I realized that she plays that same character consistently, leading me to believe this is probably her real personality and that the characters that she takes on (or that are written for her, whatever the case may be) all have to be somewhat the same as far as personality goes.  


I found out, through reading articles and such, that she's a steel vault.  Apparently she's not that interested in being around people and certainly not about sharing details about her life.  In interviews she always manages to turn things around to a degree that it seems more like she's conducting the interview rather than being interviewed.  She seldom answers fully any of the questions that she asks.  I think it's the fact that she's such an interesting person and she's so elusive that probably makes her captivating for so many people.  


I also have to respect her greatly for her now popular roles of older women.  For so long it seemed like Hollywood was going to force every start to try to remain eternally in their twenties, but Diane Keaton blew that out the water.  She has proved that she can play roles for people her age and still be every bit the ticket seller that she was before.  I think that gives a lot of hope for Hollywood and for the stars who have finally realized that there is no fountain of youth.  It also makes her an amazing role model, pointing out to people that you don't have to be perfect or magically enchanted to live a good life.  Life doesn't stop at 30, and she keeps proving that.


Diane Keaton will always be one of my favorites!  

No comments:

Post a Comment