Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Betty White

Betty White

Obsession Level: It's Betty White!  Who in Their Right Mind Isn't Obsessed?!





Choosing today's topic was difficult.  Not because I was out of obsessions, but rather I just didn't really know in what direction I wanted to go.  Then I decided that I would dedicate today's obsession to Betty White since tonight is Hot in Cleveland night.  Then that created a chain reaction of possibilities!  Betty White, Hot in Cleveland, the ENTIRE CAST OF HOT IN CLEVELAND...Betty White, Golden Girls, the ENTIRE CAST OF THE GOLDEN GIRLS!  Suddenly I was going nuts!  Which one to do since I obviously couldn't do all the obsessions at once and I didn't have time to sit down and compose the novel that it would take to cover them all. I argued with myself for a while and then decided to just go ahead with the common denominator of all these now-brought-to-my-attention-again obsessions: Betty White.


Betty White is awesome!  I loved her on Mama's Family and Golden Girls.  I'm not sure which of the programs I discovered first as a child, but Golden Girls was my favorite.  Every single day while eating my after school snack I sang along with "Thank You For Being a Friend" and waited patiently to find out what everyone would be up to.  It doesn't matter how many times I've seen the same episode, nor does it matter that I can almost recite each and every episode by memory, I AM GUARANTEED to watch the show if I come across it in the television line up.









My mother always used to call me Rose, insinuating that there were many times when, even though I'm actually very intelligent, my common sense lacked a little to be desired.  Thus, I was often pulling Rose-like moves.  I didn't really mind this, however, because I loved Rose.  I thought her antics were great, and I thought living with her would be so much fun!  


I also wanted to visit St. Olaf.  Did you know that there's a St. Olaf College in Minnesota?  There's also a township called St. Olaf, but it is located in a different part of the state than the fictional St. Olaf.  Ok, so I don't really want to visit St. Olaf, but I would have loved to go to the fictional place that Rose came from.  It sounded like a blast, and on top of that I probably would have been elected mayor or something upon my arrival for my superior intellect.  LOL...St. Olaf's smartest woman.  





When I first heard that Hot in Cleveland was going to be coming on television I was super excited!  Betty White was back in my life and she was coming back with some pretty awesome costars!  I'll get to the rest of the cast in further obsessions...right now I have to limit myself.

The show is even better than I expected it to be and I loooove Elka!  She's completely different than Rose, but she's still great.  I have to admit that I, having always thought of Betty White as Rose, was a little shocked when I began to see her on interviews and such.  She's seems to be a lot like Elka in person.  It's fine with me.  I loved her as Rose, but she's even cooler as Elka!


No matter what her role is, or even if she's just chatting in an interview, Betty White is amazing!  I hope she keeps doing what she's doing because this obsession is going strong.  On top of everything else, she's a super role model for people everywhere.  There's no reason for famous people to think their careers have to be over just because they're young and afraid the cult of youth is not going to accept them.  It's like something she mentioned in an interview once, a lot of people said she couldn't make a come back at 89, but she did, and she did it big!  

No comments:

Post a Comment