Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reba McEntire

Reba McEntire

Obsession Level: Out of Control!



There she is, it's Reba McEntire, or just Reba.  We're on a first name basis in my head.  My discovery of Reba was an accidental one.  Somehow I ended up with a cassette tape by her and I fell in love instantly.  Her voice was so powerful and amazing.  My first favorite song was "Take it Back," but I immediately fell in love with every song I heard after that.  She definitely took her place among my Barbie games (I had a rock star Midge with crimped red hair that I used for her), and she was typically my main Barbie in games with friends.  

I used to leave the television on CMT just in hopes that her videos would come on, and I would tape them every chance I got so that I could watch them whenever I wanted.  You can imagine my happiness later in life when she released collections of her videos on DVD.  That made life much easier!  

In junior high and high school, my room was like a shrine.  I had posters of Reba on the wall, and I was so obsessed that I even wrote messages like "Reba's #1" on the back of my door with glow in the dark stars.  I had a scrapbook where I collected every picture and article I could get my hands on about her.  I went to concerts, collected t-shirts, and never missed a chance to tell someone how amazing she was.  

My video collection is pretty extensive, though much of it is limited to VHS.  Unfortunately Reba hasn't gone back and released her old VHS concert tapes on DVD, but I'm hopeful that it will happen before the tapes I have completely wear out.  I also, of course, have every movie she's been in, and I have the box sets of the Reba show that I watched religiously.  I basically know every line from every episode!  

I read her autobiography (both actually) several times.  I even read "My Story" out loud to my great grandmother when I would stay with her on the weekends.  It was great entertainment for us both!  

Reba's an amazing person, in my opinion, and she does so many things that I'm never surprised to find out that she's broken into something new.  I can't think of anything that she probably couldn't do!  She's definitely the Queen of Country Music as she has been called many times over!  

You can be sure you'll be seeing more about her here!

No comments:

Post a Comment