Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ellen Degeneres

Ellen Degeneres

Obsession Level: Keeps Me in Stitches!





I've been on a blogging hiatus for a few days now.  My work has been keeping me busy and I haven't really revisited any obsessions that I haven't posted about so far.  Then, today, while eating my late lunch, I stumbled on Facebook and read through some of the things that my friends had posted.  One of their links lead me to the Ellen Degeneres Show page, which of course meant that I had to stop and go through some of the stuff there since I love Ellen!


I have loved Ellen since she had her sitcom.  It was a great sitcom, and I really wish that they showed reruns of it somewhere.  Her stand up is hilarious too, and I like to watch it on YouTube anytime I need a quick laugh.  


I admit that I don't watch the Ellen Degeneres Show very often because it seems like I always miss it because of work.  I do catch it every now and again, and when I see it on the channel guide I will always flip over there.  


Some of my favorite things about the Ellen Degeneres Show:


Dance Dares (which I've been watching this afternoon) - These are hilarious!  Ellen gets people to sneak up behind people in random places and dance behind them, attempting not to get caught.  She's done a few herself.  Every now and again she shows some of the best ones she receives, and she posts them on FB as well, so that's where I get to see them.  It looks like so much fun that I can't believe I have never done it before.  


Gladys:  Gladys is an old woman that called in to the Ellen show once to tell her to move a plant because it made it look like Ellen had spikes coming out of her head.  Ellen called her back and she was hilarious!  One of her best lines is "I love Jesus, but I drink a little."  Since then, Ellen has called her several times and every conversation is hilarious!


Ellen seems like an amazing person.  She's funny and very generous.  She's been an amazing role model the the LGBTQI (did I leave anyone out) community.  I just hope she keeps doing what she's doing because she's doing a fantastic job!

No comments:

Post a Comment