Monday, May 7, 2012

Anjelica Huston

Anjelica Huston

Obsession Level: Wildly Obsessed




I'm not sure when I first saw Anjelica Huston on television, but I know the moment the obsession began.  It was Buffalo Girls.  This was yet another case of obsession begot obsession.  I purchased the movie to complete my Reba collection.  The first time I watched it, I was watching solely for Reba.  I even spent most of the movie frustrated because it wasn't until after several hours that Reba even appeared, and her appearance in the movie was limited at best.  Still, by the end of the movie I was in love with all the characters and the story line.  Then I read the book to see how different the movie was and fell deeper in love with the story.  My obsession was triggered at that point for Calamity Jane.  I had to revisit the movie to focus entirely on this character, and I did.  In fact, I've seen the movie tons of times, and I have to admit that Anjelica Huston does a stellar job of playing Calamity.  






So that was it.  The obsession ball was rolling.  I went in search of all the movies that I could find, and Netflix was a great help since it often streams more obscure and difficult to find movies.  (You're welcome for the advertisement, Netflix).  Anjelica is amazing because she is such a versatile actress.  It's hard to pick a favorite movie with her in it because there are so many choices.  Buffalo Girls, Lonesome Dove, Prizzi's Honor, Agnes Brown...the list goes on and on, but they are all exceptional!  I still have a lot of movies to go, but I'm sure they're all going to be great.  





Upon further investigation, watching interviews, reading articles, I also became aware that Anjelica Huston was a model and apparently has an amazing personality.  Someone once described her saying "It's a beauty that captures your attention, a personality that captures your soul".  That's when you know someone really has it all together.  They're beautiful, a remarkable and versatile actress, and they have a great personality.  Good package deal!  This is one obsession that is definitely going to be long term for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment