Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lily Tomlin

Lily Tomlin 

Obsession Level: As Big As Edith Ann's Chair!




Today's obsession was decided by signing on to Facebook and finding out that there's a new television show coming in November that will unite two of my obsessions, and possible provide me with a new obsession!  The show Malibu Country will be starting in November and it's starring Reba, one of my obsessions which I've already posted on, and Lily Tomlin, and obsession that I have yet to discuss.


Where do I begin with Lily Tomlin?  I feel like I've been laughing at her for years.  She's appeared alongside so many of my other obsessions, and I'm always thrilled to see my obsessions joined together on screen.  


It seems to me that Lily Tomlin has a way of making her characters really come to life, and no matter who she's playing she makes them timeless.  She's a universal type actress...she's the kind that can appeal to audiences of many different generations.



Edith Ann is my favorite one of Lily Tomlin's characters.  The first time that I saw Edith Ann I thought I would cry from laughing so hard.  The voice is classic, the costume is too.  I remember the very first skit I saw with Edith Ann was about Edith Ann making a really disgusting sandwich.  It was the kind of sandwich that all of us made as children if we were turned loose in the kitchen.  It was, of course, disgusting, but she had no idea why it was gross because she had carefully thought out all the ingredients.  


Then there's Ernestine, the operator.  She made appearances on the Cher Show.  She was so funny, and between her voice and her face, she'll crack anyone up!  She made me wish that we still talked to the operator when we wanted to call someone.  I'd probably just call Ernestine to talk..."No, I don't want to be connected to anyone, I was just calling you!"  LOL



So now there's the promise of Malibu Country.  It's my chance to see Reba and Lily Tomlin working together on a weekly basis.  I'm excited about the possibility of adding a great new obsession (television show) to my already long list!  I'm sure that Tomlin's character is going to be hilarious, since the trailer promises great things.  She looks like a tell-it-like-it-is, heavy drinking, funny mom, and I'm excited to see her make this character as epic as all her others!  

No comments:

Post a Comment