Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cher

Cher

Obsession Level: She's The Ultimate Diva






I've loved Cher since I was a child and heard Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves on the radio.  I asked my father who was singing the song and he told me it was Cher.  Christmas rolled around and I asked for a Cher tape for Christmas.  My parents knew who she was, but they weren't really what I would call fans.  Still, they got me some tapes and I was hooked.  They didn't really understand the obsession, but then again they seldom understand my obsessions.  LOL  It didn't matter if they understood it, it was taking off and they knew what that meant.


My music collection grew.  I wanted it all: old stuff and new stuff.  My movie collection grew, including the Farewell concert collection.  This obsession also quickly spawned my obsession with Sonny and Cher, of course.  I have to admit, it also led to quite a few other obsessions through watching the movies and picking up new people that caught my attention.  I even dressed up as Cher, forced my best friend to dress as Sonny, and we put on the Sonny and Cher show for my family.  My father taped our production and we still laugh at it today.  I had bought a two tone wig during Halloween because there hadn't been one solid black one.  My best friend and I saw this as not problematic and also bought two cans of spray paint.  In the back yard we spray painted the wig black and let it dry.  Now here's a little bit of information that might be helpful for anyone thinking about spray painting a Halloween wig.  The paint does not bond well with the synthetic hair.  Throughout our production, the wig slowly covered me in dried spray paint.  By the end of our production it looked like I was covered in bruises.  Still, we had fun.


I've never seen Cher in concert, but maybe I will someday.  It does make me very happy that she continues to make albums and star in movies.  I'm hoping she'll never stop.  This is an obsession that's something like 18 years old and still going on!  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment