Sunday, May 6, 2012

Under the Umbrella Tree

Under the Umbrella Tree

Obsession Level: Watched it Everyday!






So I figured today I would take a little trip back in time to a show that I absolutely loved.  Every chance I got I watched Under the Umbrella Tree.  It was fascinating.  I watched it so often that my parents even make references to the puppets to describe people.  


It never seemed odd to me that this random woman, Holly, had more or less adopted three "friends" that she could interact with and mentor.  It also wasn't surprising to me that she had chosen to share her home with a blue jay, an iguana, and a gopher.  Of course it was also not problematic that she lived in what was essentially a giant doll house that was completely decorated with pastels.  No, it's funny, as a child nothing like this bothers you.  All you know is that there's something that keeps you coming back to watch these characters.  


"In your imagination, you'll find an invitation, under the umbrella tree..."  Those lines were beautiful to hear drifting through the television speakers.  It mean that another episode was coming on and you were just in time to see the entire thing!  


I do think it's funny now to go back and watch shows like this on youtube and the like.  I remember the shows as being wonderful and fascinating.  Now I just wonder what in the world was going on in my brain as a child!  Still, as crazy as some of the shows I watched were, I still think they were of better quality than most of the children shows they show these days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment