Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lucille Ball

Lucille Ball

Obsession Level: I Love Lucy




It was easy to see why Lucille Ball was everyone's favorite redhead.  She was beautiful and she had an amazing personality.  She was funny and good at all kinds of humor, physical and verbal.  This came, especially, from a special ability she had, and that was the ability to laugh at herself and to share that humor with others.  


I've watched her shows and movies and read her autobiography.  She really was an amazing woman.  What is even more entertaining to me about her is the fact that she really had the desire to do things like Broadway, but was told at one time that she couldn't act.  She wasn't destined to be a Broadway star like some of her contemporaries, but she was destined to be a household name.  


I also heard once that she was a little self conscious about her walking because she had a slight limp from having had polio when she was younger.  Apparently this led her to develop a type of humor about herself where she was often clumsy.  I never noticed the limp, but I did enjoy her humor, and being a person who both walks with a limp and is very clumsy, I think that little fact just made me love her more.





I loved the show "I Love Lucy".  Who didn't?  I love so many of the episodes that it's hard to name any one that was my favorite.  I also speak Spanish, so I always enjoyed when Ricky would go on his rants because I was curious to see what he was actually saying.  


I always found it interesting that Ethel (Vivian Vance) was one of the youngest people on the show.  I always thought she was older than Lucy.  I was also surprised to find out that Fred (William Frawley) did not get along in real life.




It's hard to say what my favorite episode of I Love Lucy was.  I loved the one where she keeps breaking John Wayne's footprints, the one with the giant freezer, etc.  I think, though, that my all time favorite episode had to be Vitameatavegamin.  I love when she finally gets drunk from the stuff and starts to love it, drinking it directly from the bottle!  


All the way around, I love Lucy, as does most everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment