Friday, May 4, 2012

Julie Andrews


Julie Andrews

Obsession Level: Practically Perfect in Every Way




I was, like most children, sucked in by Mary Poppins.  What an amazing nanny!  Who wouldn't want a magical nanny that can pop into pictures, clean your room with a snap, and sing you amazing songs?  As I got older, I realized there was a person behind the character of Mary Poppins, and so I had to find all the movies that I could.  I admit that The Sound of Music was a stellar performance, but the movie couldn't hold my attention more than once.  It was just too long for me.  I loved Victor/Victoria and I liked 10 too.  


I was upset to find out that Julie Andrews had lost the ability to sing, so I admit that I was one of the people who was very moved by The Princess Diaries 2 when she was able to sing a little song. When I watched the bonus interviews on the movie, everyone admitted that it was a very touching moment, and I agreed.  I had the tissue out for that one!  


Even if she can't sing like she once could, I still love Julie Andrews, and I try to watch her in anything that she comes out in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment